Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cold Dank and Rainy Training

Well folks it is that time again. I'm back to share my experiences in training to strengthen my body through daily movement or as some like to call it "PARKOUR". Today was a dreary rainy day. I stayed inside and watched tv for the most part (which i feel quite bad about). I can't wait till spring to get outside more. I could not get outside for running like i had wanted to due to the ground being completely covered in ice!

So for training what I ended up doing was warming up with 3x: 10x: pushups, pullups, squats, v sits, and then supplemented hip stretching, and shoulder ROM exercises.

The Workout I shot for was 5 sets of 5 reps of Burpee + Broad jumps.

Then cause i wanted to drill some sprinting but could not I drilled as many exercises as i could in a half hour period. I started with as many pushup forms as i could think of (divebomber, side to side, plyo, square, weighted) then worked on my quadropedal movements (forward, backward, ground kongs, alligators, crab walks) then finally pullups (weighted, L pullups, frenchies, chin ups, clap pull ups)

Cooled down with stretching.

I cannot wait to be rid of snow. But it is just another obstacle that I will have to overcome till spring!

Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment