Friday, February 12, 2010

Flagpoles, Cat Leaps, Quadropedal Movements, Precision Jumps

O.K. folks, this is the first post of my parkour training blog! So Exciting!!! I've trained everyday this week doing conditioning work and strength building, but today i didn't do any conditioning exercises and primarily focused on honing some of my skills where i'm lacking. One of which is a flagpole. Now it may look easy and simple, but, believe me it is not! There's skill involved plus you need alot of core strength to keep your legs up.



I practiced this on the ladder to my dad's tree stand.

After doing this for about a half-hour i moved on to some precision juming to quadrupedal movements (or cat walking) on my rock wall.



And from there doing cat leaps on trees.



And to top off my workout I focused the last 10 minutes on the parkour roll, which is designed to get your downward motion to become a forward motion! You have to roll on the meaty part of your shoulder and roll to the hip on the opposite side only keeping pressure on your spine for a brief second so as not to injure yourself!

Seeing how this week was just a recovery week cause i had the flu last week, it was quite successful! And i feel very accomplished!

Till monday,
Mr. Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment